5.25.2006

First Post

So this is my first post I have decided to start blogging because I am looking for a way to honor my everyday experiences and look at my days reflectively. I find myself lost in meaningless thoughts or mindless activities and I am tired of wasting my time in those places. I thought I would try blogging as a means to keep me on my toes and help me to reflect on my days. I feel the need to add the disclaimer that I am not a good speller and I have never learned to embrace grammar so please bear with me.

I chose to title my blog as Turning Tides because I am trying to embrace that fact the my life is constantly changing and I will forever be in transition. I chose to call myself driftwood because I want to be able to let go and float along with my ever changing life and not fight it or go against it but just be in it. Of course I am referring to the natural course of my life and not the state of our world. Because from my view the state of the world invokes nothing but going against the tide that is pulling us away from everything I feel is right. So on a personal level I am learning to go where the tide takes me, but on a social/political level I am struggling because all I want is for the tides to change. Then again it really isn't all that easy for me to separate my personal struggles from those of the world so I guess what I am trying to do is find a balance and trust that I will know when to let go and I will know when to fight.

1 comment:

GoGo said...

In personal struggles, we find a way to create change within our outer world too. Because, whether you know it or not, you are effecting the world around you.

Stay connected to both.